Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3-29-11

Oh right. The blog. Yeah, I suppose I can write in that.

I blew the whole thing up. There was a fundamental flaw in the premise of the PAM novel that needed to be corrected. Uninteresting beginning! I need to set the initial action of the book in a situation that is inherently tense. I've fast-forwarded the novel ahead in two months "novel time" so that Anna has already left and Dan is living in the house with his Uncle. The first chapter features Dan on his first day of work at the Orange House. A new character has been born out of this new setting, Nora's caregiver, who has yet to be named. I'm thinking something elegant and old-hat.

OMS is also in progress still, and it's become less a novel in my mind than a "short story mixtape." A collection of short stories with recurring characters that follow along a loose chronology, set to music. The track listing so far:

Teenage Riot
O! My Soul
Taste
Here Come the Warm Jets

More to be added as I see fit.

In other news, I hardly ever leave my apartment anymore. I have not had a cigarette in three months. I have not been drunk in half a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment