Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8-24-10

Today I was pleased to find it ten degrees cooler than it normally is when I wake up. The good times roll! For whatever reason, this summer has been particularly difficult; I've always been more of a cold weather person, but my aversion to heat has never made me ill before this summer. Unfortunately, the nice weather seems to be a one day thing. I'll be relieved once the heat breaks and autumn proper begins.

I wrote a little bit of some poems today. Submission season is approaching and I'd like to send some stuff out this year. The University of Tampa, in particular, is holding a contest. A couple days of revisions and coffee shops are in order, I think. The "poems" today - and I use the term loosely - were mostly nostalgic warblings about people I haven't seen in years, and how these people are now forever locked in my memory as they were then. There is Meacham parties, discussion about Caravaggio, smoke breaks on the patio. There's bicycles and collared shirts whipping in the wind. Those were the best days of my life.

1 comment:

  1. If this were Facebook, I could just click the "like" button. :)

    ReplyDelete